- For the safety and work-life integrity of the employee, ensure that appropriate medical care is obtained before filing a First Report of Injury (FROI).
- Complete the First Report of Injury completely and file the claim as soon as possible following the incident, so the claim can be set up and managed appropriately. ***
- Let your claims adjuster know who the appropriate point of contact is and keep this updated.
- Notify the adjuster of any medical treatment or lost time as soon as possible.
- Provide the adjuster with any medical updates, return to work slips, or employment changes.
- Provide light /limited duty within the established restrictions when possible to avoid lost time payments or additional claim costs/assessments. Call the adjuster with any questions.
- Communicate with the injured employee regularly if possible; this keeps you informed, and keeps them engaged and feeling that they are valued, and motivates them to return to work.
- Work with the QRC /Rehab person if assigned to the claim.
- If you receive any legal documents or requests for information from anyone other than TBG, please contact your TBG claims adjuster before responding, and they will assist you.
- Employees should NOT report their own claim.
*** It is important for you to fill out as much of the First Report of Injury as you can regardless of whether the claim is lost time, medical only, or Record only. This will not only help in setting up the claim faster, but will also ensure appropriate benefits are delivered timely and also comply
with the State of Minnesota requirements when the claim is submitted to them.