The Builders Group (TBG) has created a state-of-the-art classroom and hands-on demonstration training center at our Eagan, Minnesota headquarters. Here, our members can conduct customized safety training and education programs designed to help increase employee safety awareness and hazard recognition.
TBG Safety Service Association will help you tailor these training sessions to add to the effectiveness of your existing training by focusing on your company’s specific operational and company needs. We focus on practical and hands-on training, and our training center enables us to take our sessions from the classroom setting to a field simulation in a moment’s time. We also have a large selection of safety equipment and products available for trainees to view and evaluate for practicality.
Some of our training sessions are offered exclusively at the TBG classroom, but many can also be on-site at your office, shop, job site, or other specialized location. Please view our calendar of upcoming safety seminars.
- This event has passed.
FREE Seminar: Reducing & Managing Legal Risks to Minnesota Construction Companies
November 3, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 amFree
FREE Seminar to TBG Members & Affiliates – In-person only
Presented By: McCollum Crowley
Business risks come in many forms. While TBG Safety Service Association focuses on risks related to jobsite safety, we want to assist members navigate the potential legal risks that come with operating a business. To provide our members with the resources and knowledge necessary to run a safe and productive company, our partners at McCollum Crowley are experts in managing legal minefields in the construction industry.
McCollum Crowley’s attorneys will be providing a free two hour presentation on the topics below:
• Mechanics’ liens. What they are, how they work, and how to use them effectively to make sure you get paid, and pitfalls to avoid, presented by Brian Kluk.
• How to avoid litigation, and if that doesn’t work, how to stack the deck in your favor, presented by Tim Fetterly.
• Who’s at fault? Why that’s important in a non-fault system (workers compensation) and how that determination can save you money, presented by Jake Tomczik.
• LLCs are Easy and Provide Contractors with a Liability Shield, presented by Dan Singel.
• How additional insured coverage and contractual indemnification obligations impact your liability exposure in the event of a loss. What are your obligations and what are your rights? Presented by Tim Masterson.
• Open Session for Questions to Presenters
Come join us for what will surely be informative and engaging presentations on common legal risks contractors face and what steps are necessary to set your company up for legal success!